Who we are.
Explaining the legal bases, we rely on.
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
- Consent - In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters. When collecting your personal data, we’ll always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
- Contractual obligations - In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, if you order an item from us for home delivery, we’ll collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
- Legal compliance - If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting our business to law enforcement.
- Legitimate interest - In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, we will use your purchase history to send you or make available personalised offers. We also combine the shopping history of many customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand, or develop new products/services. We will also use your address details to send you direct marketing information by post, telling you about products and services that we think might interest you.
How we collect information:
- When you visit any of our websites, and use your account to buy products and services, on the phone, in the shop or online.
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest (in which case we just collect transaction-based data).
- When you create an account with us.
- When you purchase a product in store or by phone but don’t have (or don’t use) an account.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you choose to complete any surveys, we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products and services.
- When you fill in any forms in store or online.
Personal Data we collect about you:
- If you have a web or mail order account with us: your name, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number. For your security, we’ll also keep an encrypted record of your login password.
- Details of your visits to our websites or, and which site you came from to ours.
- Payment card information. The credit or debit card details you supply will be stored by the external payment provider and your card issuer for payment processing reasons. Fullpip Gundogs and Shooting Accessories will not store any card payment data.
- Your comments and product reviews.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
What we use your information for.
We will use your information to provide you with any further details or information you request when you contact us. If we provide an online shopping service, we will use your information to fulfil your order.
Here’s how we’ll use your personal data and why:
- To process any orders that you make by using our website, phone orders. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations. For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered, and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees and so on.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information, you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account. We’ll also monitor your browsing activity with us to quickly identify and resolve any problems and protect the integrity of our website. We’ll do all of this as part of our legitimate interest..
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. This also helps to protect our customers from fraud.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, web, and post about relevant products and special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on.
- Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
- To display the most interesting content to you on our website, we’ll use data we hold about your favourite brands or products and so on. We do so on the basis of your consent for our website to place cookies or similar technology on your device. For example, we might display a list of items you’ve recently looked at, or offer you recommendations based on your purchase history and any other data you’ve shared with us.
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
- To develop, test and improve the systems, services and products we provide to you. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
- To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you.
- Of course, you are free to opt out of receiving these requests from us at any time by updating your preferences in your online account.
With whom we may share your data.
We will not being share your personal data with trusted third parties.
The credit or debit card details you supply will be stored by the external payment provider and your card issuer for payment processing reasons. Fullpip Gundogs and Shooting Accessories will not store any card payment data.
How we protect and store your personal data.
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
Your information will be stored on our third-party secure web server. We may also store your information on paper at our offices, the general public does not have access to these areas. Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data such as payment card information) is secured and tokenised to ensure it is protected.
We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long will we keep your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
Some examples of customer data retention periods:
When you place an order, we’ll keep the personal data you give us for seven years so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
What are your rights over your personal data?
An overview of your different rights.
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- For example, when you withdraw consent, or object and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end (such as the end of a warranty).
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that we hold. Please contact: Mr Howard Rudkin who is the Data Controller of Fullpip Gundogs and Shooting Accessories. Our Trading name is Fullpip Gundogs and Shooting Accessories. Please submit your request in writing to email@example.com
If we choose not to action your request, we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Your right to withdraw consent.
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
Contacting the Regulator.
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.